The State Bar of Texas Board of Directors will meet at 9 a.m. CST on January 27.
The presiding officer will be physically present at the Texas Law Center in Austin. Other directors will participate remotely according to the requirements of Texas Government Code Sec. 551.127. Attorneys and members of the public can attend the meeting in person or watch it live on the State Bar’s YouTube channel.
Public comment will be accepted in person or via Zoom or telephone. Those who wish to address the board in person should fill out a speaker card onsite and submit it to a staff member. To sign up to speak remotely, please email email@example.com or call (800) 204-2222, ext. 1706 (toll free) before 5 p.m. CST on January 26. Written comments regarding agenda items may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received before 5 p.m. CST on January 25 for timely distribution to the directors before the meeting.
Among items on the agenda are:
8. C. 1. Discussion: Announcement of candidates for 2022-23 Chair of the Board — Chad Baruch (Dallas), David Calvillo (Houston), Lucy Forbes (Houston), and Todd Smith (Austin).
9. B. 1 Action: Consider and discuss referral of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force’s proposed changes to the Texas Lawyer’s Creed to the Administration Committee for consideration.
9. B. 2. Action: Consider and discuss referral of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force’s recommendation regarding the creation of a State Bar diversity council to the Policy Manual Subcommittee for consideration.
10. B. Action: Consider and discuss approval of SBOT 2022-23 proposed budget for publication in the Texas Bar Journal.
24. Action: Consider and discuss approval of proposed resolution on remote participation in court hearings (previously tabled at the September 2021 meeting).
View the complete agenda here.