On Friday, November 5, 2021, Fernando Navarro and Disputing blog’s own Karl Bayer will be moderating the International Academy of Mediators‘ (IAM) “Mediation 2021: Where Do We Go from Here? – The Americas” symposium. The program for this virtual symposium states:
We are navigating unchartered waters in virtually every aspect of our lives. Whether by choice or triggered by external factors, the ways we deal with each other (and perhaps view ourselves) have changed. So too has mediation which has become a more globalized profession involving new legal and factual challenges unheard of only a few years ago. These symposiums will explore our changing professional world and ask “where do we go from here?”
The Americas symposium schedule (in Pacific Time) is:
Friday, November 5, 2021
8:00 AM – 8:15: Welcome and Introduction, Michel Kallipetis, Karl Bayer and Fernando Navarro
8:15 – 9:25 AM: Panel Discussion: Mediation 2021: Looking Ahead (moderators: Karl Bayer and Fernando Navarro)
- Diego Faleck, Faleck & Associados (BRA)
- Ximena Bustamante, Pactum Dispute Resolution Consulting (ECU)
- Alan J. Stitt, ADR Chambers (CAN)
- Joan Sterns Johnsen, University of Florida, Levin College of Law (USA)
- More flexible roles for commercial mediators going forward: the role of bespoke processes and solutions.
- Is the International Arbitration world looking towards or away from mediation?
- Singapore Convention: why it matters to commercial mediators in the Western Hemisphere
- Jurisdictional issues in on line mediation. Potential issues and best practices to avoid problems
- Mediating when the State is one of the parties
9:25 – 9:45: Questions and Interaction with Panel
9:45 – 10:00: Open Q&A from the Audience
10:00 – 10:10: Break
10:10 – 10:40: Keynote Speaker
Federico Ast – Founder and CEO, Kleros (ARG) – So You Have Mastered Zoom. Where do we Go From Here? Developments in Mediation and Commercial Dispute Resolution: Smart Contracts, Blockchain and Much More
10:40 – 11:00: Open Mic and Final Remarks (Karl Bayer and Fernando Navarro)
To register for The Americas Symposium, please visit the IAM website.