The State Bar of Texas Board of Directors will meet at 9 a.m. on September 24 at the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio.
Attorneys and members of the public can watch the meeting live on the State Bar’s YouTube channel.
Public comment will be accepted in person at the meeting and virtually via Zoom. To sign up to speak during the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 204-2222, ext. 1706 (toll free) before 5 p.m. CDT on September 23. Written comments regarding agenda items may be sent to email@example.com and must be received before 5 p.m. CDT on September 22 for timely distribution to the directors.
Among items on the agenda are:
8. B. 1. Action: Consider and discuss approval of forwarding a resolution regarding trial safety measures from the Task Force on Criminal Court Proceedings, to the Office of Court Administration for consideration.
8. C. Action: Consider and discuss approval of the creation of a Redistricting Task Force, including approval of its roster.
8. D. Action: Consider and discuss approval of the creation of a Building Planning Special Committee, including approval of its roster, and grant authority to the committee to work with State Bar staff regarding decisions on remodeling, repairs, and uses of the 1415 Lavaca Building.
12. A. 2. Action: Consider and discuss approval of candidates for 2022-23 SBOT President-elect: Jose “Joe” Escobedo Jr. and Cindy V. Tisdale.
12. A. 4. Action: Consider and discuss approval of proposed amendments to Board Policy Manual pertaining to electronic signatures.
13. A. 2. Action: Consider and discuss approval of proposed Rule 1.18 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, pertaining to duties to prospective clients.
13. A. 3. Action: Consider and discuss approval of proposed Rule 13.05 of the Texas Rules of Disciplinary Procedure, pertaining to the termination of a custodianship for the cessation of practice.
20. Action: Consider and discuss approval of resolution regarding remote participation in court hearings.
View the complete agenda here.