You’ve obtained a money judgment, and your client is anxious to get paid. The judgment debtor files a notice of appeal and an affidavit claiming it has a negative net worth. The judgment debtor argues it is entitled to supersede the judgment without security. Now what? This post is the first of a two-parter explaining the procedure for contesting a negative net-worth affidavit and offering a case study for successfully following that procedure. Supersedeas Methods