Many people who represent themselves in family law cases have questions about serving court papers on the other person. Fortunately, has helpful information and forms for various situations.

To begin with, the article titled “How to Serve the Initial Court Papers (Family Law)” answers such questions as: “What papers do I have served?” and “How can the respondent be served?” The latter question provides information about personal service, service by registered or certified mail, substituted service by court order, service by posting, and service by publication. Where applicable, there are also links to forms and additional information. The article also addresses how to provide court documents to the respondent after the initial papers have been served.

In addition, provides information for the following specific circumstances: