A law firm leader once asked me if I would suggest questions to ask junior lawyers to determine if they would be the best suited for client development coaching. At the time I didn’t have questions, but at his request I suggested these.
- What do you believe you will get out of the coaching program?
- You would consider the coaching program a success if________.
- What do you want to learn?
- What client development efforts have you made the past year and how have they worked for you?
- What are your major client development strengths?
- What areas in your client development efforts do you want to improve?
- Did you create a business plan for last year?
- How much time will you commit each month to the coaching program and your client development efforts?